Sky's the Limit


Wow, I haven't shared or made a card since OCTOBER 2015!  I knew it had been a long time, but I honestly didn't know it had been THAT long.  Things have been crazy and I don't find much time to myself.  When I do, I'm usually too tired to do anything but park myself on the couch and catch up on a few shows.  Right now I've been binge watching the original Dallas series!  It's always fun to see what good ole JR is up to and to catch up on all the 80's fashion.  I secretly love it...

Anyway, I was in a funk today and for once, I don't have any major house work looming over my head and my 3 year old was actually occupied for about an hour with Easter eggs and "squishys".  What is the deal with those blind bags, anyway?  That is for another day... but really, someone out there is making a FORTUNE off of parents who just need their kid to stop screaming for 1 minute.. HAHA! 

I had dug up some of my stamping supplies a few weeks ago with the intention of making a card for my cousin's baby shower.  But, once I unpacked everything from the closet... I was too tired and it has been sitting on my table for 3 weeks or so.  TRAGIC!  Today I decided I was going to make a card.  I was too lazy and honestly, knew I didn't have much time to dig through and contemplate colors and paper, so I went with what I had pulled out and just changed the stamp set.  I own nothing from the newest Stampin' Up catalog... I still have in color ink pads from two years ago that have never been opened... things are bleak in my crafting room.  Today is Sunday and I knew it was the Featured Stamper challenge on my go-to site, Splitcoast Stampers.  I decided I really needed a CASe to get me back in the swing of things.  I settled on this card by DJ Rants for several reasons.  #1, it featured hot air balloons which I am drawn to, #2 it was from 2011 which I feel like is in my realm of stamping supplies HAHA, #3 the layout was interesting.

I changed up the stamp set using the (I'm assuming retired) set Up, Up, and Away from Stampin' Up.  I also changed the colors and layout slightly.  Overall, I'm pleased with how it came out and I'm happy I was able to find time to create something.  I think it made me mentally more stable... HAHA!

Supplies:
Paper: Real Red, Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Maritime Designer Paper
Stamps: Up, Up & Away
Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: Circle & Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1 3/4'' Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch

Comments

Popular Posts